96 – Standing Tall Through Labour Shortages
September 08, 2022
Does your business rely on labour?
An aging population and falling immigration rates already reduced our labour market and then COVID-19 made staffing challenges that much harder.
So how can your business grow and prosper during these challenging times?
Paul Cripps from PK People Solutions explores the issues around labour shortages and provides some ideas for how businesses can successfully navigate these problems.
Key insights include the importance of the following:
- Better planning and problem solving in businesses to deal with labour shortages, supply chain issues and customer needs
- Getting employees aligned to the business – every business needs a solid team
- Retention of key employees through:
- Improved communication between employers and employees
- Check in with your employees – why did you join the business and what makes you stay?
- Suitable pay and flexible working conditions for employees
Check out the resources discussed by Paul here: Standing Tall Through Labour Shortages
Paul Cripps, founder of PK People Solutions, provides operational and strategic HR solutions in collaboration with business leaders and key stakeholders He helps businesses to align the activity of their workforce to the business strategy to improve performance and profitability Paul is a licensed member of the HR Coach Network – the largest independent HR Coaching Network in Australia. His HR corporate career has spanned over 20 years (in Australia and the UK) for QBE Insurance, GE, Allianz, Willis Towers Watson and BNY Mellon.
Contact Paul Cripps at email@example.com
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter so you don’t miss an episode (plus get access to extra resources).